dotgnu-sc

Re: [Dotgnu-sc] Status of dotgnu.org

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-sc] Status of dotgnu.org
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:53:30 +0200

David Sugar <address@hidden> wrote:

> Could some of these Mailman enhancements be contributed back as enhancements
> for mailman currently?

Right now Mailman is feature-frozen as the maintainer is busy
with working towards a stable release of Mailman 2.1 (currently
in beta) and with a seemingly never-ending stream of maintenance
releases to correct problems with Mailman 2.0.x

Also this stuff really isn't as grand as it may sound at first.
I have some plans for some really meaty Pipermail enhancements,
but right now I have neither the time to implement them myself
nor the resources to hire someone to do it.

So going the way via contributing to the Mailman project is not
likely to be possible as quickly as I'd like the move away from
dotgnu.info to take place.

(BTW even where my changes are not yet worthy of inclusion in
the official Mailman release, they've already been
copyright-assigned to the FSF. :-)

Greetings, Norbert.