dragora-announcements

[Dragora-announcements] News (October 2015)

From: Matias A. Fonzo
Subject: [Dragora-announcements] News (October 2015)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:04:25 -0300

Hi all!

It has been some time since I last wrote to the list.  As some of you
know, I'm always working behind the scenes on Dragora.

I have good news, but first I want to take this opportunity to thank
all the people who continue to support in one way or another to this
humble project.  Thank you! :-)

What I want to communicate are some things, starting with the new VPS
Xen server we have -- that's right, Dragora has its own infrastructure!
This has been acquired and configured during the month of September.
The System Resources are:

  CPU cores: 2
  Hard drive space: 150GB
  Dedicated memory: 3GB
  Banwidth: 5000GB
  Location: Miami, FL

The server was acquired using a provider of my country (Argentina),
allowing me to pay the bill using the unverified Paypal account
of Dragora.  Note: "unverified" in the sense that I don't have a credit
card.  Thanks to the few people who care about donating to a free
software project.

The services currently running are:

  - Webserver (hiawatha[1]).
  - Mail server (postfix[2] + dovecot[3]).
  - rsync(1).

The mailing list and the git server are still in Savannah, which are
working normally. (thanks to the Free Software Foundation).  In order
to encourage the Dragora community for his growing -- which I want to be
part like someone else, two mailing lists have been created and one has
been renamed:

  address@hidden is now address@hidden [4]
  Purpose: Dragora's user list to ask for help.

  address@hidden [5]
  Purpose: Latest news in the Dragora community, release announcements
  and security advisories only.  Note:  This list is to receive only.

  address@hidden [6]
  Purpose: Dragora's development (discussion).

You've automatically subscribed to 'dragora-help' and
'dragora-announcements'.  If you want to join in the more technical
aspects and management, please join us at 'dragora-devel'.

  "We celebrate - and this becomes especially clear in the experience of
art - because we gather around something.  It is not being together as
such, but the intention that unites all and which prevents them from
falling into separate conversations or scattering into separate
adventures."  (Gadamer, 1993, p.70)