dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] First try at D3 recipe

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] First try at D3 recipe
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 16:46:04 -0300

Hi Alan,

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:05:28 -0400
Alan Beadle <address@hidden> wrote:

> I made a recipe for dcron. I'm pasting it below. This is my first try
> at writing one of these. Please let me know if you have suggestions
> about style or notice a problem.

At first glance, it looks good.

> This recipe is missing anything having to do with init scripts for now
> since there is more work to do in that area.

The init/service script must be done using the rules for perp[1].

[1] http://b0llix.net/perp/

Other details about the recipe/package are:

- Don't use my name for the recipe.  You are the author of the recipe,
  use Copyright year/name/email.

- The 'install' command is valid, but this is a non-standard command.
  We prefer, here in Dragora v3 (especially) to match commands and
  options belonging to the POSIX standard.

- Are you sure that the CRONTAB group must be part of the "users"
  group?.

- Question, the installation (result) includes the "run-parts"
  script?.

Thanks,
Matías