dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] eSpeakup on Dragora

From: Thiago
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] eSpeakup on Dragora
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:13:45 -0200

Em 09/01/2018 20:10, Thiago escreveu:
I think you don't need to recompile the kernel, you just need to add the modules to some init script that loads the modules at boot time, like /etc/rc.d/rc.modules. We'll need to look how the Debian people did it, but booting their netinst image and pressing s in the boot prompt makes speakup and eSpeakup start automatically, making it possible that blind people install Debian.

Thank you very much for adding the Speakup support on Dragora. I think that it will help many people.
I have found how they do this. Maybe it can be included in the boot menu of Dragora. I don't know anything about Grub and Isolinux, so I'm not sure how easy would be to implement this. Here are the relevant lines of debian's grub.cfg file. I think they load the modules at startup time and check if the modules are loaded to run espeakup.

menuentry --hotkey=s 'Install with speech synthesis' {
    set background_color=black
    linux    /install.amd/vmlinuz vga=788 speakup.synth=soft --- quiet
    initrd   /install.amd/gtk/initrd.gz
}

Hope it helps a bit.