[Duplicity-talk] Big files are slow to go through duplicity

From: sfarrell
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Big files are slow to go through duplicity
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:49:59 +1000

I am running duplicity against a set of files, including a database that is about 10Gb in size.

It take about 5 hours on a 1Ghz PIII to find the changes - which are only about 25-100mb of changes. The machine has 1Gb of RAM, and is practically nothing else running on it at the time (load 0.0 before, load 1.0 during, and load 0.0 after).

I am happy that the incremental size is small - you have to like that.

But is 5 hours normal?

thanks
Scott

BTW: I submitted a bug through savanna on another topic, did you see that?