[Duplicity-talk] Restoring a deleted file when not knowing, when it was

From: Alexander Skwar
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Restoring a deleted file when not knowing, when it was deleted
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 12:12:24 +0200

Hello.

I'm having a look at Duplicity 0.4.2 to backup my server. One thing I
did not yet figure out is, howto restore a deleted file, when it's not
known, when the file has been deleted.

Suppose the following testcase:

mkdir ~/backup /tmp/store
cd ~/backup
touch file1 file2
duplicity ~/backup file:///tmp/store
rm file1
duplicity ~/backup file:///tmp/store

Now I'd like to restore file1, but I do NOT (want to) know, when
the file has been deleted. I'd like to get it back at its "latest
version", so to say.

How would I do that?

address@hidden ~ $ duplicity --file-to-restore file1 file:///tmp/sicherung file1
GnuPG passphrase:
Retype to confirm:
file1 not found in archive, no files restored.

This did not work, as it seems.

What's the correct way to do this?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar