[Duplicity-talk] Does plain-text data ever hit the hard disk platters?

From: Matt Bostock
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Does plain-text data ever hit the hard disk platters?
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:16:13 +0000

Hi all,

Firstly I want to say that duplicity is *exactly* the tool I've been looking
for and does it well.

I wanted to check whether any plain-text data ever hits the hard disk when
performing a backup with duplicity? For example, is it safe to make a local
backup on an unencrypted partition, using data from a dm-crypt encrypted
partition? Is any plain-text written to /tmp?

Many thanks!
Matt