Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Maintenance

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Maintenance
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:04:19 -0500

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
On Saturday 19 May 2007 20:47:59 Kenneth Loafman wrote:
What you want is the equivalent of an incremental backup.  That's
possible, but if if you plan your backup strategy to do full backups on
a reasonable basis, then there should be no file out of date by more
than a week or so, even if an incremental is corrupted somehow.

Well a full backup of my 5GB home over a 5mbit/500kbit Cable link takes about 24h. But incremental data is perhaps 200MB which I can do in a reasonable time. Having the notebook run 24h each week is not really feasible to me (after all, it means I can't take it with me a whole day!). And since duplicity sometimes randomly stops updating it's rdiffs, I'd very much like a incremental backup mode, myself.

Nothing is set in stone, but this would be an option, not locked in.

...Ken