Re: [Duplicity-talk] slowness+ ftp timeouts with 0.4.3-rc1

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] slowness+ ftp timeouts with 0.4.3-rc1
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:40:56 -0500

Nicolas Aspert wrote:
Hello

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
I've checked in a new version of backends.py and attached a patch for
you to try out, if you would.  I seem to have only good connections to
all the FTP servers I can access, so cannot test this out.

I have tested 0.4.3-rc2+patch and the incremental backup worked fine.
Note that my timeouts are not due to a poor connection, as my ftp backup
box is on my lan ! Maybe the incremental backups do not send data often
enough and thus result in an ftp timeout ?

Now that's a good hypothesis for the connection problem.  FTP has a NOOP
command that we could use to keep the connection active.  I would just
need a thread to send it periodically.  I'll check into it.

...Ken