Re: [Duplicity-talk] restart / continue a full backup?

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] restart / continue a full backup?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:12:32 -0500

Timothee Besset wrote:
> It would be very useful to have an option to restart or continue a full
> backup. I'm having difficulties with some machines on which backup can
> take more than 24h due to slow link and lots of data.
>
> Is such a feature planned?

Such a feature is planned.  Until then, the best solution is to make
your backups smaller, in other words don't backup from the root
directory and hope that no errors occur for 24 hours.  Break up the
process into a few smaller backups working your way through the list.

The idea here is that you would be, in effect, doing your own checkpoint
process.  If you set it up such that no one backup takes more than N
hours, and you complete the rest of the backups, then the retry of that
one is only N hours, not 24.

...Ken