[Duplicity-talk] Long running duplicity

From: Ken Smith
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Long running duplicity
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:24:27 -0800

I have a duplicity that has been running for two and a half days and
is probably only 20% finished.  It is the first full backup.

If it stops for some reason and I restart it, will it pick up where it
left off or will it tell me that it has to do a full backup because it
didn't finish?

     subquestion: Is there a way to tell duplicity, run for at most T
time even if the assigned task is not complete?  (It may be apparent
that I will only care about an answer to this question if the answer
to the previous question is, "it will pick up where it left off.")

Once it finishes, I plan to let my duplicity cronjob run as often as I
can and allow the remote destination to grow unchecked until I learn
how much history I am able to store.  Is there any way to tell
duplicity, "take at most N GB on remote host, deleting old files if
necessary until this is satisfied?"  I would prefer this to having to
manually determine a good value to give to 'remove-older-than'.  I
probably have about 30% more storage space on the remote than I need
for a full backup.

   A duplicity newbie thanks you,
   Ken Smith