Re: [Duplicity-talk] command differences between duplicity and rsync !?

From: SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] command differences between duplicity and rsync !?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:14:13 +0800

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 10:39 +0800, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 09:28 +0200, Olivier Croquette wrote:
> > Ian Barton wrote, On 18/06/08 9:02:
> > > The whole point of Duplicity is encryption, so if you *don't* want
> > > encryption rsync is what you need.
> >
> > No, other big differences are incremental backups and compression !
>
> Hi Ian & Oliver
> Thanks for your efforts and feedbacks !
>
> @ Ian:
> - not only encryption isn't sought !
>
> @Olivier:
> - compression isn't wanted too !!
>
> Important, confirmed by Olivier, is the difference in incrementals !!!
>
> Well, I am not having that much data ...
> ... but our external HDD's aren't on always and within a certain time
> there will be still quite some data to be Duplicity'ied ;-)
> To shorten this incremental adjusting is appreciated and sought. ;-D
>
> One more question:
> How exactly does the Duplicity command differ from the rsync one ?
>
> rsync -av --delete --progress /source /target
>
> I appreciate your advice to optimize my efforts very much: TIA !!!
>
> Cheers, svobi

Hi again,
With doing some tries to get a compare between Duplicity & rsync
I haven't been successfully ;-(

How does the command for duplicity non-encrypted look like if
rsync is like following here ?

rsync -av --delete --progress /home/sna/ /media/LD149ext3/710e804

Your assistance is hot awaited here ! ;-)

TIA & cheers, svobi