[Duplicity-talk] symmetric encryption

From: Paul Harris
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] symmetric encryption
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:46:45 +0800

Hi,

I love duplicity, but I couldn't figure one bit out...

I have a couple of gpg public keys, and my duplicity backups are encrypted with one of them, but I worry about losing my keys and then losing my backups forever.

I would prefer to use symmetric encryption so all I need to remember is a password...

I tried a bunch of different ways but wasn't successful.

What is the magic command line to do symmetric encryption when there are existing keys in .gpg ?

cheers
Paul