Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity crashes on locked files (windows)

From: Paul Harris
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity crashes on locked files (windows)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:56:27 +0800

It would certainly be a highlight if duplicity could backup locked files (via shadow copy IIRC).

2009/4/7 Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden>
Georg Lutz wrote:
> As I cannot access savannahs bug tracker, because our company firewall
> thinks that savannah has "evil" software downloads I file it here.

Not an Open Source shop I take it?  Don't get yourself into trouble
using duplicity.  Jobs are hard to find nowadays.

> I understand that some locking mechanisms under windows could prevent
> files from being saved, but nevertheless duplicity should not crash but
> just skip this particular file.

This is indeed a bug.  Duplicity should just report that it could not
read it and why, then just skip it.

...Thanks,
...Ken