[Duplicity-talk] Script for management of old full / incremental backups

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Script for management of old full / incremental backups ?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:32:09 +0200

Hi.

I've noticed the remove-older-than and remove-all-but-n-full options.

With such options and bits of scripting I hope it would be possible to
do things like :
- only keeping incremental backups for last few months,
- then, for older months only keep one full backup per month for
instance,
- and maybe a yearly one for older periods...

I suppose that such a backup scheme would allow most the secure strategy
for long term backups.

Has anyone devised such a script ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

P.S.: as I'm new to the list, let me add a big thank you for that very
nice tool !
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC