Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.18 weird GPG error ([key_I_dont_mention] unusab

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.5.18 weird GPG error ([key_I_dont_mention] unusable public key)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:49:16 +0200

the relative approach even enables a later moving of the 'duplicity-0.5.xx' folder .. thats why I use "sys.path[0] + '/../'" and not "/some/abso/lute/path"

I definitely like the idea of setup.py figuring this out. Maybe it can intelligently interpret --prefix vs. --install-lib paths. If they start with the same path, they'll end up in one folder and the sys.path entry can be computed and relative.
Also ... I only patch 'bin/duplicity' but 'bin/rdiff-dir' should of course be patched as well.

... ede
2009/7/9  <address@hidden>:

then edit ~/_apps/duplicity-0.5.xx/bin/duplicity

# after
import getpass, gzip, os, sys, time, types
# add a relative path to this versions py files to the pythonpath
sys.path.insert(1,sys.path[0] + '/../')

Wouldn't it be neat if duplicity did that automatically?  Maybe
setup.py could insert that line and use whatever the install-lib path
is.  But it seems clever if duplicity would be able to find its own
modules.

-mt