Re: [Duplicity-talk] Scp calls

From: Jacob Godserv
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Scp calls
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:26:16 -0500

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:13, AJ Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thus, my comment about openvpn was not that it's more-or-less secure, but
> that I could open one tunnel to the target (after one port-knock), run all
> my duplicity backups, then exit the vpn connection, leaving the server with
> zero open ports while it's not consuming backups (or restoring).  But, as
> you said, I'm not sure it's worth the extra setup; it's not _that_ much
> work, but the KISS principle applies with backup/restore scenarios, IMHO.

I've created a wrapper script around duplicity which uses a
directory-based configuration system to run scripts before and after
duplicity execution, and to determine how duplicity is executed, and
with what options.

You could do the same to open and close ports.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now — and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?