[Duplicity-talk] No secret key required on differential backups

From: Lluís Batlle
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] No secret key required on differential backups
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:05:15 +0100

Hello,

I've noticed that duplicity does not require me the GPG passphrase for
the secret key when doing a differential backup, but it requires the
passphrase for a 'verify'. From the latter I see that my files are
properly encrypted.

Nevertheless, how come duplicity can do a differential backup without
being able to decrypt what has already been backed up? Are the files
metadata (names, timestamps, sizes, ...) stored without encryption?

Regards,
Lluís.