Re: [Duplicity-talk] Check the remote backup to make sure it's correct?

From: Simon Ruderich
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Check the remote backup to make sure it's correct?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:21:02 +0100

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 02:34:45PM +0000, Chris Poole wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Obviously, an important thing to do with a backup is to check that it's been
> performed correctly.
>
> [snip]
>
> Am I right in thinking that the verify command is the best way to achieve
> this?
>
> Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's the best way, but that's what I do. The only
problem with it is that it displays (when used with --verbosity
4) many files which were changed locally but are not yet backed
up. Thus I recommend you redirect the output of duplicity to a
file and check it after duplicity is finished.

Hope this helps,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary