Re: [Duplicity-talk] Number of Files Limit?

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Number of Files Limit?
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 09:44:05 -0500

Bob,

This has come up several times before.  There's no built in limit to the
number of files open, however, I suspect you're running into the system
limit which defaults to a very low 2048.  In order to test this out, try
this command:
  $ sudo -i ulimit -n 32768
which will increase the open files limit to 32768.  Then try duplicity
again.  If it fails, I'll need to see the logs and all of the output
from the session.

...Thanks,
...Ken