[Duplicity-talk] Another Newbie Question - sorry

From: Bob Smither
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Another Newbie Question - sorry
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:43:12 -0500

I have been wondering about this for a couple of days and cannot find an
answer.

I noticed that running du on an archive and on the source directory
sometimes gives very different results.  I have an archive that du
reports at ~3MB while running du on the source directory gives ~20MB.

I was wondering if all the data was really there.

Duplicity modes verify, collection-status, and list-current-files run
with no reported differences.

Finally I decrypted the difftar.gpg file (about 3MB) and the decrypted
file has the missing bytes in it.

I must be missing something.  Can someone explain this?

Thanks!