Re: [Duplicity-talk] Another Newbie Question - sorry

From: Jacob Godserv
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Another Newbie Question - sorry
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:59:54 -0400

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:43:12 -0500
Bob Smither <address@hidden> wrote:

> I must be missing something.  Can someone explain this?

I'm no expert, but I do know that duplicity runs some compression, so if
you're backing up a lot of text files, that's probably why the archive
is smaller.

To really figure out if duplicity is doing its job, my suggestion
would be to delete your cache directory, and run a restore.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now — and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?