Re: [Duplicity-talk] Operation of verify command

From: Chris Poole
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Operation of verify command
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:55:24 +0000

One final question then:

The verify command grabs a volX.difftar.gpg file from the backup
location, checks the files inside against the hashes made at backup
time, then removes the volX.difftar.gpg file, and grabs the next one.

So why do we need to give it a target directory? Can't it just put the
files it downloads in /tmp or somewhere, given that it's going to
remove them straight after?