Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity backup removal

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity backup removal
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:56:19 +0100

On 27.12.2010 08:17, Shawn wrote:
> Currently I have duplicity backing up every night with a full backup issued
> every 30 days.
>
> Is it possible to have duplicity move the older previous full backup into
> another folder for easy viewing. Right now backups are going to /backups/ I
> would want duplicity to put the older ones in /backups/archives/dateofbackup

Nope, but there is also no need to. Use the age parameter with duplicity
commands and you'll have "easy viewing". Also remember that backup chain
incrementals depend on their previous full.

> Also, is it possible to have duplicity remove any backup that is older than
> 60 days?

as mentioned, use the remove earlier command. Check out the manpage
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html

..ede