Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 15:23:54 -0400

It is possible to have a single source be both compatible, if you use
a script to generate both.  Like you can have the original source be
either 2 or 3 and use a script like py2to3 or py3to2 to make the
other.  This requires a bit of care I believe and would probably mean
having original source be at least 2.6 and up instead of 2.4 and up.

I think such scripts are considered a stopgap measure and the Python
people (obviously) prefer you to be on Python 3 only.  But generating
both versions is a viable option.

-mt