Re: [Duplicity-talk] Possible bug? IOError: [Errno 5]

From: Mario Santagiuliana
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Possible bug? IOError: [Errno 5]
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 23:15:02 +0200

In data 8/5/2011 22:52:24, Nate Eldredge ha scritto:
> > Is there any work around?
> > I can't do any backup with duplicity...I have got that error every
> > time...
>
> Just to check, for the last file shown in your log
> (mario/Video/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi), are you able
> to read the file normally?  E.g. does
>
> cat mario/Video/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi >/dev/null
>
> succeed?
I can play my video without problems. I use xine and mplayer too.

> Otherwise, it would be interesting to run duplicity under strace:
>
> strace -f -o foo duplicity ...
>
> and post the last part of "foo".  Probably starting from
>
> open("mario/Video/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi", ...)
>
> EIO is most often caused by hardware or kernel problems, not by
> user-level software, but it's not impossible...
Do you think I have a problem in my harddisk? It is possible...but I don't
see any particular problems on my disk...I will check it!
I exclude a kernel problem...I don't see other fedora users with this
matter.

Thank you!
--
Mario Santagiuliana