Re: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward

From: Andre Schütz
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:33:17 +0200

Thanks for the fast reply,

I will try the new version and report the results.

Is there a description how to uninstall the current duplicity
version?

Thanks,
Andre

sudo apt-

On Tue, 31 May 2011 14:30:00 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> Please try 0.6.13. Changelog states
>
> http://duplicity.nongnu.org/CHANGELOG
> Bugs closed in this release:
> 579958     Assertion error "time not moving forward at appropriate pace"
>
> Uninstall the distros duplicity first and then
>
> # install needed packages first
> python python-devel librsync-devel
> # download & extract
> wget http://.../duplicity-0.6.07.tar.gz
> tar xvf duplicity-0.6.07.tar.gz
> cd duplicity-0.6.07/
> # install into PREFIX
> python setup.py install
>
> except it's not 0.6.07 in your case .. good luck ede/duply.net
>

> On 31.05.2011 14:26, Andre Schütz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > we are using duplicity for our incremental backup and since a few days, we
> > get the following error:
> >
> > Error:
> >
> > Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> > Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.
> > Last full backup date: Sun Nov  7 01:00:01 2010
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1239, in <module>
> >     with_tempdir(main)
> >   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1232, in with_tempdir
> >     fn()
> >   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1214, in main
> >     incremental_backup(sig_chain)
> >   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 474, in incremental_backup
> >     assert dup_time.curtime != dup_time.prevtime, "time not moving forward
> > at appropriate pace - system clock issues?"
> > AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock
> > issues?
> >
> > We use the following configuration:
> >
> > duplicity: Version 0.6.08b released March 11, 2010
> > Operating System: Ubuntu 8.04.4 hardy
> >
> > The backup is stored in a Rackspace Cloud Files Container.
> >
> > We found another solution that described a similar error. The solution was
> > to delete the
> > .part files in the /root/.cache/duplicity local folder. We renamed the
> > .part files but the
> > error was not fixed.
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea how to solve that problem?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Andre Schütz

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Best Regards

André Schütz
Head of IT
nexico Consulting GmbH; Hansestrasse 21 | 18182 Bentwisch / Germany
Geschäftsführer: Niels Anders, Dirk Laudon; Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Rostock; Registernummer: HRB10693
Tel: +49(0)381 20 27 89 9-0 --- Fax: +49(0)381 20 27 89 93
E-Mail: address@hidden ---  Web: http://www.nexico.net
The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete
this message. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised
distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.