[Duplicity-talk] Can backup but unable to verify due to GPG error

From: Laurynas Biveinis
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Can backup but unable to verify due to GPG error
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 12:51:56 +0300

Hi -

I am able to do full and incremental backups, but verify fails with

Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last full backup date: Sat Aug 20 17:54:32 2011
GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: CAST5 encrypted data
gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
gpg: decryption failed: bad key
===== End GnuPG log =====

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? After failing verify further
incremental backups seem to work OK.

For backups, I set PASSPHRASE and invoke duplicity as
duplicity --exclude $HOME/tmp $HOME $BACKUP_PATH

For verify, PASSPHRASE is set the same of course.

Duplicity v. 0.6.10 (I've read the ChangeLog for any relevant changes
up to 0.6.15, didn't notice any) on Ubuntu 10.10.

TIA,
--
Laurynas