[Duplicity-talk] What meta files are needed for listing and restoring fr

From: Henrik Olsen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] What meta files are needed for listing and restoring from full backup?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:22:41 +0200

I have tried to thin out my backups, but seem to have deleted/moved to many
files away from the destination dir. I still have all files in another dir (for
backup of my cleanup attempt).

1)
What files do I need together with a set of
duplicity-full.xxxZ.volyyy.difftar.gpg files to be able to list it's contents
with list-current-files action?

I have tried to move back a duplicity-full-signatures.xxxZ.sigtar.gpg with same
timestamp as the full difftar set, but a clean action seems to remove it again,
as if it cannot see it relates to any of the full backups. Why is that?

2)
I'm searching for a specific folder that I no longer have on my local machine.
I cannot remember the exact full path, but only part of the folder name. I
don't know when it was removed. How do I find it in my old duplicity backups?
Do I use grep in list-current-files with a guess on --time, or can duplicity
list all seen files (over full backup timespan), so I can find the last time it
saw it, or?

Regards
Henrik