Re: [Duplicity-talk] apparent memory leak on OS X

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] apparent memory leak on OS X
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:45:55 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012, Nate Eldredge wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Johann Heller wrote:

Hi all,

I'm seeing the same large memory leak on Mac OS X. Details below:

While trying to backup about 1 million files with duplicity I noticed a large memory leak. The leak seems to grow depending on the number of files processed.

The leak seems to affect versions 0.6.16 and 0.6.17.

Version 0.6.15 works without a leak.

I'm seeing this as well, on Ubuntu Natty i386. Duplicity 0.6.16 and 0.6.17 are affected while 0.6.15 is fine.

To further narrow this down, I tried some different revisions in the lp:duplicity branch. It appears that revision 782 is good but 783 has the bug. The relevant change is labeled

"Merged in lp:~mterry/duplicity/tarfile"

Unfortunately my python is not good enough to read the code and guess where the bug is.

--

Nate Eldredge
address@hidden