Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is s3+http encrypted during transmission?

From: Ryan Chan
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Is s3+http encrypted during transmission?
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 22:38:07 +0800

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Ken Bass <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/6/2012 4:55 AM, Ryan Chan wrote:

There is a command line option '--s3-unencrypted-connection' that sets that flag to false.
So it is up to you. If you do not specify that command line option, https will be used.
(You need open ssl libraries installed with python for this)

This is a good point and I hope that need to be promoted.

The reason is now S3 support server side encryption, and if the connection is encrypted by default, we actually can skip our local encryption process. (I know not for all the use cases, but sometimes this level of security is already enough..)