Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?

From: T. Prost
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] What files are needed for listing and restoring ?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:31:40 +0100

... let me put my questions directly into your original text -->

Am Freitag, den 17.02.2012, 12:04 +0100 schrieb address@hidden:
> On 17.02.2012 11:48, T. Prost wrote:
> > Just read the thread from 29 Aug 2011 and as I´m encountering the same
> > problem right now, I hope this is not the last conclusion of wisdom :-)
>
> do you have a link?
... found that one:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2011-08/msg00086.html

> > ... particularly with regard to: Each backup set has one sigtar file and
> > one manifest file in addition to the difftar volumes.
> >
> > Wasn´t there the further question what to do if those two files aren´t
> > there ? I searched the folder with the difftar.gz files but couldn´t
>
> yes, and the answer was to restore blindly - meaning although you can't
> list the contents in a fast fashion anymore, because the mentioned
> files are missing, you can still restore your backup. even selected
> paths/files from it.

I would have loved an answer like this, but the archived texts I found
stopped with: "You have to guess on ..." - but I haven´t got enough
information for an educated guess yet ;-)
Essentially I merely need to restore the complete backup :-)

> > find those two.
> > Search other places ?
> > Able to go on without those additional data ?
>
> yes as mentioned above
first experiment:
duplicity restore
file:///home/thomas/Vorlagen/X1 /home/thomas/Vorlagen/w2k-2012
--no-encryption
Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Warning, found incomplete backup sets, probably left from aborted
session
Last full backup date: none
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1265, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1258, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1212, in main
    restore(col_stats)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 539, in restore
    restore_get_patched_rop_iter(col_stats)):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 561, in restore_get_patched_rop_iter
    backup_chain = col_stats.get_backup_chain_at_time(time)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line
934, in get_backup_chain_at_time
    raise CollectionsError("No backup chains found")
CollectionsError: No backup chains found

There I´ve been lost and I´ve read a lot about that kind of error - but
nothing seemed to meet my problem !?
I´m certain to need help :-(