Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:07:33 +0100

On 29.02.2012 10:37, SanskritFritz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>> as this isn't the first time that listbody modding helped and i am also
>> interested in box.net anybody disagreeing in making the listbody host aware,
>> meaning switching known to work listbodies by host name?
>
> Host aware? Wouldn't it be better to make it webdav server-version aware
> rather?

then we'd have to issue an initial request to the server just to determine the
server software, if it is chatty enough it'll tell us in the http headers, but
still have to be parsed properly. i am not into webdav, so i don't know if
there is a way to properly ask a server what software/version it is in case the
headers are useless.

but seeing all these different implementations i'd bet that going by hostname
(say second level domainbased e.g. box.net) assuming they don't use different
implementations in their loadbalancing should be quite easy and safe to
implement.

..ede/duply.net