Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: Ken Bass
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:05:50 -0500

On 2/29/2012 10:35 AM, address@hidden wrote:

disagreed, these are fully fledged fuse based filesystems, which can easily be
set up today and used via file:// backend already.

the guy who found the solution for box.net claims that it chokes on<D:allprop/>
 .. if that's the case we could easily set up a --webdav-options switch that allows
switching it off.
on the other hand, we currently don't need it anyway (maybe for the enhanced upload
plausability) but as far as i can see is<D:allprop/>  not really necessary as servers
should at least return the list of files (urls) and more properties at will, if
no<D:allprop/>  was defined.

shouldn't we try the route without<D:allprop/>  first?

Not sure if it is related to the allprop thing, but when I tried using davfs to mount box.net (webdavs) as a filesystem, the problem was that even though a file would be uploaded, it would either disappear from the filesystem or show a size of zero. I think there was some sort of lag between the file being committed to the server and showing up on the local davfs mounted filesystem. If I recall that caused duplicity to fail because it would query the file it just uploaded and either the size would be returned incorrectly or the file would appear missing.