[Duplicity-talk] Crash with stacktrace, error code 30 in validate_encryp

From: Damien Cassou
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Crash with stacktrace, error code 30 in validate_encryption_settings
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:21:41 +0100

Hi,

I can't use duplicity anymore, it is always crashing. It was working
very well before. I recently installed saucy salamender, but I think I
used duplicity after this installation and it worked (not sure
though). The error is:

[...]
File "/usr/bin/

duplicity", line 325, in validate_encryption_settings
    if vol1_filename != backup_set.volume_name_dict[1]:
KeyError: 1

09:03:40.631 Task 'BKP' failed with exit code '30'.

The full report is at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/duplicity/+bug/1245805

Best

--