Re: [Duplicity-talk] how to use verify command?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] how to use verify command?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 11:20:29 +0200

Raph,

the manpage seems to be out of date on verify. verify nowadays only restores to
a temp path and checks if the result matches the checksum saved during backup.

if you really want to compare you will need to add the --compare-data parameter.

to restrict comparision to a folder/file you will need to add the
--file-to-restore parameter.

something like
  duplicity verify --compare-data --file-to-restore /etc/hostname
file://backups/duplicity /
assuming that '/' the fs root was your initial backup source on the other
machine.

..ede/duply.net