Re: [Duplicity-talk] Minimizing risk on incremental

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Minimizing risk on incremental
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:18:58 +0200

On 23.04.2017 07:10, arie via Duplicity-talk wrote:
>> You can use the par2 wrapper backend that takes a little more space
>> but provides redundancy if one of the chain files gets corrupted
>> somehow (flips a bit...Solar radiation? Bad disk?)
> I'm interested in this wrapper but can't find a reference to it.
> My version is 0.6.22

Harry,

0.6.22 is very old. use your interest as a signal to update to the latest
stable 0.7.12, which holds 3,5years fixes and improvements.

if you want to keep your old version, just in case something does not work as
expected, you may want to try to install the tarball in parallel as described
here under TIPS->INSTALL MULTIPLE VERSIONS
  duply.net/wiki/index.php/Duply-documentation

..ede/duply.net