Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why is duplicity asking for decryption passphrase o

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why is duplicity asking for decryption passphrase on --encrypt-sign-key?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 17:16:07 -0400

No there is no need to store a passphrase on the disk.  Make a key specifically
for encrypting  duplicity backups.  Then the public key can be used for
encrypting the backups without need of a passphrase.  Unless the local manifest
gets corrupted and a new manifest has to be downloaded and decrypted you should
not need the private key for backups either incremental or full.