Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why is duplicity asking for decryption passphrase o

From: Michael Gardner
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Why is duplicity asking for decryption passphrase on --encrypt-sign-key?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 03:54:51 -0700

How does duplicity handle passphrases when doing multi-key encryption?

On 10/27/2017 02:43 AM, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk wrote:
hey Felix,

two issues here.

1.
the previously possible way to "blindly" do incrementals to a backend w/o
synchronizing first is dangerous. see
   https://lists.launchpad.net/duplicity-team/msg02374.html

2.
use the double key approach (as mentioned in the ml post above) to set up a
safe and secure duplicity key encrypted backup w/o having to keep your personal
key's passphrase lingering on the machine.

have fun ..ede/duply.net

PS: it should still be possible to do fulls w/o private key, but there should
be an (non-fatal) error logged at least in recent versions of duplicity

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/revision/1252