Re: [Duplicity-talk] (B2) FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be create

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] (B2) FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 12:19:50 +0200

On 9/16/2018 1:03, MRob via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Been getting this for some while--
> FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created
>
> Bucket does exist and was happy being used for backups for a year previous.
> Error now happens on all actions, cannot access bucket to do anything at all.
> Funny thing but I didnot change my version or update software packages but B2
> said they have no problems either so I'm not sure what really change to cause
> this. I can't find only a single refernce to this error on the web promising
> a fix in new version (of duplicity?)
>
> Getting desperate I try just set up a new empty bucket but same error. So
> duplicity can not talk to B2 any longer. Can anyone help?
>
> v0.7.06 (best available from apt-get)
>
> Backend error detail: Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1532, in <module>
>     with_tempdir(main)
SNIP
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/b2backend.py",
> line 80, in __init__
>     raise FatalBackendException("Bucket cannot be created")
> FatalBackendException: Bucket cannot be created

hey Mrob,

searching reveals this is a know issue eg.

there was also a non-related B2 fix in duplicity 0.7.18.. so you may want to
either update your versions (duplicity/B2) manually to the latest greatest

and/or

patch as described in the debian bug tracker.

if that helps it might make sense to provide a patch here.. ede/duply.net