Re: [Duplicity-talk] TypeError when running duplicity in Cron

From: Nertskull
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TypeError when running duplicity in Cron
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 15:59:05 -0400

Allright, I sincerely apologize for jumping the gun, but apparently it
was a version problem like that other post suggested.  Someone else had
manually installed duplicity 0.7.17 and I didn't know that.

The default that ships with Ubuntu 16.04 is duplicity 0.7.06.  I found
and uninstalled 0.7.17 and tried again from crontab, and it is running
right now.  So I think that must have been the issue.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

I should look into duply.  I started using duplicity in ~2008 and I
don't remember duply being available at the time (maybe it was?).  Plus
I use my script to back up some of my servers with no desktop/gui, and
memory is that duply is only GUI.