Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity-talk Digest, Vol 247, Issue 1

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity-talk Digest, Vol 247, Issue 1
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:36:47 +0000

Hello all,

I have been thinking for a while that we need something more easily machine parseable -- even if just to aggregate information from multiple duplicity runs. My plan for it was to add a new --json flag or similar that spits out JSON or whatever can be easily consumed by other applications through familiar libraries but can also be extended.

From memory this will not be straightforward, as the current code spits things out in various places, rather than collating summary information and formatting it in one place.

Kind regards,

Aaron