dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] Different image dimensions between dvipng 1.14 and 1.15

From: Markus Triska
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] Different image dimensions between dvipng 1.14 and 1.15
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 11:46:33 +0100 (CET)

Dear Jan-Åke,

perfect, this worked, thank you very much!

Do you have a guess why FreeType handles this differently on different
platforms? This is a severe drawback in my view, because I need
pixelwise identical results. I realize this is somewhat outside the
scope of dvipng, yet also important because using FreeType is the
default, and the manual strongly encourages it.

This is clearly a use case that benefits much from --freetype0.  Would
you please consider adding a note about such cases to the manual, or
(of course even better) consider a way to make dvipng obtain identical
results even when FreeType and its antialiasing is enabled?

Thank you and all the best!
Markus