edu-eu

From: L.Cecilie Wian
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:30:17 +0100

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Guido Arnold <address@hidden> wrote:
Happy New Year everybody!

This will probably be the last email to this list. As there were no
objections to the procedure outlined below, I am about to execute the
last step and remove us all from address@hidden.

Feel free to contact the edu-team [3] or myself if you have any
questions or concerns or see the need for a dedicated edu list in the
future.

So long, and thanks for all fish!

Guido

[3] https://fsfe.org/activities/education/eduteam

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:57:59PM +0200, Guido Arnold wrote:

> This mailing list has been around almost as long as FSFE's existence
> [1]. Every now and then it was discussed to move it to FSFE's
> infrastructure. As we (FSFE) are currently reconciling our mailing
> lists anyway, this would be the perfect time for it.
>
> OTOH, the traffic doesn't really justify a dedicated mailing list. As
> education is of interest for everybody, we were thinking to discuss
> edu matters on FSFE's generic discussion list [2] instead.
>
> So, the idea is to invite people to discuss educational topics there
> instead of this list. The matter of this email is what shall happen
> with this list then?
>
> Our proposed solution would be to keep the archive alive as some
> messages are certainly being linked to, etc. but won't allow any new
> subscriptions anymore and un-subscribe all existing members.
> The info text on the landing page would get an explanation of the
> situation and link to discussion@ [2].
>
> Alternatively, this list could be handed over to individuals who are
> willing to maintain it in the future.
>
> If you are interested in doing this, please reply no later than
> November 30th, 2016.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Guido

Happy new year, would love to be included on the general list.

--
Cecilie Wian

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

- Grace Hopper / William G.T. Shedd