edu-fr

[Edu-fr] Free Software Education and Canada

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Edu-fr] Free Software Education and Canada
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:51:23 +0200

        Hi,

        Hilaire please meet Wolfgang who is creating FSF
Canada. During LSM I had the opportunity to discuss with
Wolfgang. IIRC Wolfgang worked for a company and produced a major
educational software, released under a Free Software license
(presumably the GPL but I don't want to presume too much ;-).  I
thought you might be interested by this software (can't recall the
name right now).

        Since Wolfgang is also quite knowledgeable on the subject of
Free Software and education, I figured you may want to use his
expertise when managing the GNU education pages. That's why I cc: this
mail to the education lists of GNU. I beg the other people involved in
education and Free Software to forgive me: I'm writing to you because
you are the one I know best but I really mean to address this to
everyone involved in making Free Software a reality in the education
field.

        I understand you also had some contact with Hong Feng
(address@hidden) who knows quite a lot about the educational process
in China and Free Software in particular. I do not see a edu-cn and edu-ca
list a present but there are maybe discussions going on already.

        In short, this mail is just a (maybe ridiculous :-}) attempt to
make sure you all know each other.

        Take care,