Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: [emacs-bidi]status? news?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: [emacs-bidi]status? news?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:52:47 +0900 (JST)

Matan Ninio <address@hidden> writes:
> there was some work that was done by Kenichi Handa around the 7/7/1999
> that set up some basic R2L (logical) support for emacs (the new display
> engine on emacs-20.4.91).

> Kenichi Handa's code gives the basic l2r/r2l support.  It's usefully,
> but seems not to include any work on bidi part.  on the other hand, much
> of the bidi issue is about breaking the text into r2l and l2r parts,
> where within each such part, the work is mostly unidirectional.

> I've looked for traces of this code in the pretest emacs21, but could
> not find any.  Do you know if this been integrated into the mainstream
> code?  Is there an up-to-date version of this that code (that will work
> with 21.0.95 or the such)?

My bidi code is not included in Emacs 21.  One of the reason
is that the Emacs core developpers have not yet agreeded on
the way the code does.

But, I'm going to release a new patch for Emacs 21 as soon
as I find time to work on it.  Currently, I'm too busy for
fixing bugs of Emacs 21 development codes, sorry.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden