Re: [emacs-bidi] Embedding levels of formatting codes

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Embedding levels of formatting codes
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:07:24 +0200

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:21:08 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Really?  Logical Hebrew is quite hard to read, it's very
> disorienting.  I'd expect users to want to see the codes in a
> visual-order text.

I live with it everyday (I read M$Windows Hebrew mail with my Emacs).
and I have my hebeng package to make it readable.

> > I know that when I will want to pinpoint the formatting codes and
> > their influence on my bidi editing, I will display the same buffer
> > in 2 windows, one showing them without BIDI, the other without
> > showing them, with BIDI enabled.
>
> In that case, you'll probably want to ``lock'' those two windows
> together, so that point moves in both in lockstep, right? ;-)

That will be a Very nice feature, Although if it does not exist, I
might edit the NON BIDI window and watch the display in the other one.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign