[emacs-bidi] Display routines

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Display routines
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:34:32 -0500

Would it make good sense to start work on modifying the display
routines to work with bidirectional text?  A prototype would be based
on a embedded-level text property, which would have a value consistant
with that of UAX#9.  It should handle cursor-movement and insertion
properly within the context of text properties.

I think this would be a good way to seperate work on the display
machanism itself from the actual handling of the texts themselves.
Or am I jumping too far ahead (or not far enough ahead)?

--
Michael Duggan
(address@hidden)