[emacs-bidi] Re: hebeng.el

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: hebeng.el
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:23:35 +0200

On 09 Nov 2001 21:13:20 +0100, address@hidden (Janusz S.
=?iso-8859-2?q?Bie=F1?=) wrote:

> Is there any documentation available?

For now the only documentation is what is included with hebeng.el.

> P.S. You mention the `ins-toggle' function, but its definition is missing.

THE `ins-toggle' function does some cursor tricks (change its color
for windowed Emacs, change cursor size for TTY) and display messages.

Here are the variable and functions that are missing in hebeng.el.

(defvar return-stops-ins nil
  "*do-return (CR - ^M - action) stop insert mode if non-nil.
 Set this variable to nil if you want `insert mode' to continue.")

(defun keymap-test (var)           ; internal function for keymap checking
       (and (boundp var)
            (keymapp (symbol-value var))))

(defalias 'ins-cursor-set 'ignore) ;no cursor tricks here

(defun ins-mode () "Begin insert mode" (interactive)
       (setq overwrite-mode nil)
       (message "insert begin")
       (ins-cursor-set))           ; do cursor trics
       )

(defun ins-toggle () "toggle insert mode with message" (interactive)
       (if overwrite-mode
           (ins-mode)
           (progn
               (ins-mode-end)
               (message "insert end")))
       (force-mode-line-update))

Thank you for pointing this out. I've fixed my hebeng.el.gz.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign