Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:46:11 +0100

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Not at this time, but the table you need is very short; see the file
>> BidiMirroring.txt in the Unicode data base.
>
> I just found it a few minutes ago.  :) What would be an appropriate
> data structure for this information?  I don't think the
> category-tables are appropriate.  I guess I'll just keep the data in a
> list for the moment (140 elements).

It is done.  I've added an alist to both bbdb-table.el (the big one)
and bbdb-table-test.el (ASCII characters only), and there is a
function now which implements UAX#9 rule L4 (mirroring).  The
logical-to-visual conversions number 1 to 13 from the PGBA page work
now, for example.

Code available, as always.  :)

Alex.
--